- Employment and Parties. VERY WISE, INC. (Employer) hereby agrees to employ the Employee identified below under the terms and conditions set forth herein, and Employee hereby agrees to accept those terms and conditions.
- Employment start date (new employees only): __________________________________
- Compensation. During the period of time that Employee performs his/her current job, Employer shall compensate Employee at the rate of: __________________________________
- Termination at Will. The employment may be terminated at any time with or without cause either by the Employer or by the Employee.
- Mediation; Arbitration of Disputes Required (in lieu of litigation). MEDIATION: The parties acknowledge that mediation usually helps parties settle their dispute. Therefore, before or after initiating the arbitration process, any party may propose mediation through any mediation process or mediator as the parties may agree upon. ARBITRATION: Any dispute or claim that arises out of or that relates to this employment agreement, or that relates to the breach of this agreement, or to the existence, scope, or validity of this agreement or the abitration agreement, or that arises out of or that is based upon the employment relationship (including any wage claim, any claim for wrongful termination, or any claim based upon any statute, regulation, or law, including those dealing with employment discrimination, sexual harassment, or civil rights, age, or disabilities), including tort claims (except a tort that is a "compensable injury" under Workers' Compensation Law), or a dispute between Employer and Employee that arose/arises before, during, or after employment, shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the then effective arbitration rules of (and by filing a claim with) Arbitration Service of Portland, Inc., and judgment upon the award rendered pursuant to such arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Dated this ___ day of ___________________, 20___.
VERY WISE, INC. (Employer)
(Note: Any existing attorney fees clause in the contract should be modified to include an arbitration proceeding. Click to Attorney Fees Provision.)
Click here to download this document in MS Word format.
Click here to download this document in zipped WordPerfect format.
Click here to download this document in PDF format.
To save a document from the choices above, right-click on the link and select "Save Target As" and then choose where on your computer you would like to save the file (Mac Users: CTRL+click instead of right-click).